Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Shana Tova from Paradise...

Today, it doesn't feel very much like Paradise.... the rain just keep coming and coming!  It is still a beautiful place, but dear lord, when will the rain stop? I have this awesome new bicycle and I can't use it.  Also, there is a massive lake right now on my street that I need to try to wade through... this morning, the lake won the war. I tried to bypass it by hugging the side of the road and holding onto the fence, FAIL! I landed in water halfway up my shins... that was a good time... so I had to wade back through my little lake, I call it 'Lake Nasty' to the previous cross street, go down a block, then back towards the Federal Highway on another street. Good times!

Today, I had the distinct pleasure of reading, "The Giving Tree" to a group of children who had never even heard of it before. Both groups of children positively loved it.  Some were even getting teary eyed.  The director for the Primary English department, sat in my class to watch me do the read aloud and critical thinking questions with the kids about it.  She seemed to really like this style of teaching. But, as we all know, this is how we all teach in Canada and I am loving to share this with the teachers down here.  They are very dedicated, intelligent and awesome people, they just need the opportunity to learn and share in order to grow as teachers.  I hope that I will have a bit of an effect for that this year at the school.

Tonight, is Rosh Hashana. I will go to the Chabad House.  Hopefully, it will be great!

I want to wish all of my loved ones, friends, family, judoka, a very Happy and Healthy New Year.
May you be inscribed in the Book of Life.

Love you all
Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment